The mechanical part of a plant or of a single machine is maintained over time; the control system instead, after 5-10 years is definitely obsolete. Is it possible to renew and improve the current system by the application of a new, more advanced and more efficient.
The replacement of the obsolete automation system is necessary for:
- Availability of spare parts;
- Difficulties in maintenance;
- Difficulties in the implementation of changes;
- High probability of downtime.
The advantages of a control system:
- Application of next-generation hardware with greater potential;
- Application of supervisory and / or operator interface complying with the most advanced technologies;
- Integration of new features such as product traceability and interfacing with management systems;
- Implementation of systems with advanced diagnostics that reduces downtime.